Help change a life - join our volunteer team
Our volunteers are the cornerstone of our program. Their dedication, enthusiasm and commitment make it possible to serve approximately 1,000 people of all ages and with a variety of challenges each year. Our volunteers work with our horses and support our students, giving with their whole hearts and making meaningful connections.
Our volunteers have all levels of experience. Some are teenagers who are earning service hours and supporting their community. Others are teachers, business executives, social workers or neighbors looking to give back. And some are lifelong horse people who feel the calling to share how the bond between a horse and a human can change a life.
There are many ways in which our volunteers get involved.
- Grooming and tacking horses before riding lessons
- Assisting with harnessing horses for our carriage driving classes
- Leading horses during riding lessons
- Walking alongside horses during lessons to provide encouragement and extra support for our students
- Working with students in our classrooms and barn, helping them learn about horses and participate in horse-related educational activities
We invite you to fill out an application to take the first step toward joining our amazing team of volunteers. Once our Volunteer Manager receives the application, she will email you to schedule an orientation.
Our current volunteer needs are below. Ideally, we look for volunteers who can commit an hour and a half for at least one class on a weekly basis.
- Monday - Thursday, 10:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. for our therapeutic riding sessions for school groups.
- Monday - Thursday, 4 - 8 p.m. for our semi-private therapeutic riding sessions.
- Monday, 6:30 - 8 p.m. for our carriage driving semi-private lessons.
- Friday, 10:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. for our therapeutic riding sessions for school groups.
- Friday, 12:30 - 6:45 p.m. for our semi-private therapeutic riding lessons.
- Friday, 1:30 - 4:45 p.m. for our carriage driving semi-private lessons.
If you are current volunteer, you may check the schedule posted in Wranglr. Click the button below to login.
If you are unable to volunteer at your scheduled time, call our cancellation line, (440) 708-0012, and leave the following information: Your name, the instructors's name for your class, and the date and time of the lesson you wish to cancel.
In This Section...
Beth Finds Volunteering Rewarding
“Volunteering at Fieldstone Farm is one of the most fulfilling things I have ever done. I have had the opportunity to touch so many lives,” says Beth Socoloff, who has been a volunteer for more than 15 years.