Summer Camp registration open!
Jan. 31, 2022 -- Summer Camp at Fieldstone Farm is an exceptional experience where campers discover their unique talents in week-long day camps. Camp staff, instructors, and counselors are specially-trained to provide a supporting, fun, and enriching camp day for children with disabilities.
Weekly riding sessions start June 6 and run through August 5, Monday-Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Each day campers will be assigned a horse to groom, tack and ride, as well as participate in a variety of activities tied to a weekly theme. Riders will get a little dirty, play inside and out, and create lasting memories. All camps are $295 per week, with the exception of the music camp which is $325. Read on to find the weekly themes that interest your camper. Register early, sessions sell out!
Camp Imagination – June 6-10
Unicorns, dragons, and fairies, oh my! A week of fairytale fun that focuses on horses and their magical friends in books, movies, and songs. Campers will even create an edible unicorn!
A Horse of My Own – June 13-17
Campers will have their own horse buddy for the week. Not only will they get to know this horse but they will learn about the horse’s other friends in their herd and how horses socialize. Each camper will also design a horse of their very own out of many different mediums, including pool noodles, corks, cookies, and more!
All About Horses – June 20-24
What do horses eat? Why do they have different jobs? How do they move? This camp is perfect for the child with lots of questions! Campers will learn about horse care, different breeds, how our barn works, and more. This week is best suited for campers with enough attention span and interest to manage complex activities.
Music to Our Ears – June 27-July 1
Does your child love music? Horses love music too. Campers will create and experience the harmony of riding and music in this unique partnership with daily involvement from a board-certified music therapist. Music will be included throughout the day including riding classes and activities.
Horse Play – July 11-15
Messy fun and games for our active campers. Make playdough, paint with fingers and toes, and even use our horses as a canvas! We will also play water games, weather permitting. This camp is geared towards campers who like a wide variety of activities.
Happy Trails – July 18-22
Does your child love to get moving and be outside? This week is all about the ultimate summer camp experience! We will have picnic lunches, tie dye t-shirts, sing camp songs, and more! One classic feature of a horse summer camp is trail rides. This week will be full of trail rides, obstacle courses on horseback, and other activities to bring out the fun of camp.
Mindful Moments – July 25-29
Enjoy a week of calm connection with our horses. Through auditory (music therapy with our board-certified music therapist), olfactory (scent), and tactile (hands-on barn) stimulation, campers will gain skills to relax and self-regulate. With their horse partners, campers will engage in mindful activities like yoga, meditation and riding.
Make an Impression – August 1-5
Does your child love to create? Arts and crafts, painting horses, and more! Campers will get their hands dirty by building, painting, and creating their own masterpieces with many different mediums. This week is best suited for campers with enough attention span and interest to manage complex activities.
As part of enrollment, Fieldstone Farm staff meets families through an on-site evaluation. This is an opportunity for potential campers to meet the horses and team; allowing our staff to understand your camper’s unique needs. Our camp experience is ideal for youth who:
- Are 6-16 years old at the time of their camp
- Cooperate in a group setting
- Independently eat and toilet
- Clearly express their needs
- Do not require mid-day administration of medication
- Weigh less than 180 lbs. as measured on Fieldstone Farm’s scale
Health and Wellness
The health and safety of our campers is our top priority. All campers have individual work stations with their own supply kits for the day’s activities. All high touch surfaces throughout the facility are disinfected several times daily, and hand sanitizer is available. Everyone at Fieldstone Farm is required to wear a mask when in common areas and in the arena. There will be designated times and spaces for campers to take “mask breaks” throughout the day. Additional information regarding COVID protocols can be found on our website and is updated regularly.
Along with the camp registration, we ask for a health and medical history. Please be thorough in completing our enrollment form as it helps us create a supportive experience for your camper. Fieldstone Farm reserves the right to request additional medical information and/or an evaluation by a medical professional prior to or during the course of summer camp. Our camp staff cannot administer mid-day medication.
- Contact email@example.com or 440-708-0013 to check availability and discuss the registration process.
- Submit non-refundable deposit of $120 (per camp week). Deposits are due at the time of registration in order to secure your camper’s spot.
- Full tuition is due 14 days before the camp session begins. If cancellation occurs less than 14 days in advance, full tuition will be charged.
- Upon receipt of your registration and deposit, we will schedule your camper for an evaluation. All campers will be evaluated to ensure a good camp experience. Deposits are refundable only if Fieldstone Farm determines camp may not be a good fit for your child.
- Up to two weeks of camp may be reserved per camper. A waiting list for additional weeks will be kept on a first-come first-served basis, however, new campers who have not signed up for any camps will be given priority. If a camp has not filled within three weeks of the start date, names on the waiting list will be notified. You must respond within 24 hours with a confirmation and full payment to book camps from the waiting list.
- Siblings and friends of all abilities are welcome!